Hello, cake and bakes lovers, world-famous moist, soft, spongy chocolate swiss roll now you can bake in your home. Suits for the tea time, family parties and etc. No need to spend too much money. Try this easy chocolate swiss roll now. Let’s jump to see the ingredients.
For the Cake
- 75g flour
- 3 free size eggs
- 3 tbs semi-sweet cocoa powder
- 100g sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extraction
- 50ml oil (you can use any kind of oil that hasn’t smell and color)
- 50ml milk
Chocolate butter-cream icing for swiss roll
- 50 butter
- 75g icing sugar
- 1 tbs semi-sweet cocoa powder
- 1 tbs milk
Direction to the Chocolate Swiss Roll
- Always use less depth tray to bake your swiss roll. Apply some melted butter or oil in the tray and then lay your parchment papers on it. make ser to use kind of thick parchment papers.
- Then we need to separate the egg yolk and white.
- As I mentioned in the coffee cake recipe, before you going to beat the egg white, drain all the beater equipment and container also.
- It’s easy when you use, grind sugar for the cake. Therefore, add 2 tbs of powdered sugar and whisk with your whisker. When the sugar melt, add 1 tbs vanilla extraction and again whisk until the egg yolk turning into a cream.
- Mix oil and milk together and add this combination also to the egg yolk.
- Sift the cocoa powder and flour together and while whisking the batter, add bit by bit flour mixture to the batter well.
- Preheat the oven into 170°C / 338°F for 10 mins.
- Now beat the egg white in the low speed of the beater and meanwhile add little by little sugar. You have to beat the egg white until it makes soft peek when you rais the beater. No need to beat until hard peek.
- Add the egg white foam into the cake batter and mix. In here mix the batter as fold. For that use a spatula and you can easily fold the batter.
- Pow the batter into the cake container and tap until release the air bubble.
- Put the cake in the oven in the middle rack and let it bake.
- Baking time depends on the size of the oven. To me, spend 13mins only for the bake. When 10 mins pass, check your cake with a toothpick.
- When the cake bake, it seems like a sponge and soft. Let the cake cool in a cooling rack and cover it by using a kitchen towel
- Tip: Use a kitchen towel because, while the cake cools, it will not drain. towel keep moist as usual.
- Meanwhile, we can make the frosting.
- Add the cocoa powder into the icing sugar and sift it well.
- Then beat the butter as cream and, when the butter turn cream, add sugar mixture bit by bit into the butter and beat well.
- Meanwhile add milk into the cream and mix. Make sure to keep the cream medium consistency. If the cream mixture too liquid, that will try to flow.
- Change the cake into another parchment paper that lay on a kitchen lowe, carefully. then press the low lengthy side by using a spoon. (Don’t do much)
- Now you can apply the frosting all over the cake as much as your preferred thickness.
- Roll the cake carefully toward the end by tightly. In the end, there will some extra frosting. You can remove it.
- the pack the two end of the cake roll and cover by using a kitchen towel.
- Keep the roll in the refrigerator until 2 hours.
- After 2 hours pass, take out the cake and cut into pieces as your desire and serve with love.