Hello cake lovers!! Today onwards you can make Simple (Red) Velvet Cake by your self. Everyone loves to eat Velvet cakes because of its mouth meliting, softness, and fine smell. This Simple (Red) Velvet Cake Recipe is easy to make and you can prepair any occation of your home or any time. So let’s see what are the ingredients we need.
Simple (Red) Velvet Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until very light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.
- Make a paste of cocoa and red food coloring; add to creamed mixture.
- Mix salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and buttermilk together.
- Add the flour to the batter, alternating with the buttermilk mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Mix soda and vinegar and gently fold into cake batter. (Don’t beat or stir the batter after this point).
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool cakes completely on wire rack.
To Make Icing for Simple (Red) Velvet Cake Recipe:
- Cook 5 tablespoons flour and milk over low heat till thick, stirring constantly.
- Let it cool completely!
- While mixture is cooling, beat 1 cup sugar, butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled flour mixture and beat until frosting is a good spreading consistency.
- Frost cake layers when completely cool.