Simple Indian Butter Chicken Recipe(Chicken Makhani)
- 1 cup butter,
- Finely chopped 1/4 white onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf, 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup half-and-half 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste 1 pinch salt or black pepper,
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces ,
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 of cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in onion , and cook slowly until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in butter, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon garam masala, chili powder, cumin and bay leaf.
Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half and yogurt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and season with 1 teaspoon garam masala ,tandoori masala and cayenne.
Stir in a few spoonfuls of sauce, and simmer until liquid has reduced, and chicken is no longer pink. Stir cooked chicken into sauce.
- Mix together cornstarch and water, then stir into the sauce. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Powered by themekiller.com