Creamy Corn Fettuccine Pasta with Blackened Shrimp
- 4 large husked ears of corn
- 3 Tablespoons butter
Ingredients for Blackened Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Ingredients for Pasta
- 1 package of fettuccine pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 cups gild corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat and add some butter.
- Place corn on the grill pan and when the corn getting gold turning as necessarily.
- Make the blackened shrimp; you have to prepare the paste.for that mix all the ingredients mention above.
- Place prepared shrimp on a tray and brush one side with melted butter.
- prickle buttery side of shrimp generously with blackened paste.
- Place blackened side down on pan and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over and cook until opaque.
- Keep warm.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, saute onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add flour and stir until combined, cook for about one minute.
- Add corn kernels , water, heavy cream and sugar.
- Simmer until slightly thickened; 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta directly from the pasta water.
- Add Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add blackened shrimp and Serve immediately.
Powered by themekiller.com