- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup bacon bits or cooked bacon
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 sticks of cheese, approx. 3″ long by ¼” square
- 8-10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Mix cooled mashed potatoes, bacon bits, onions, egg, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl.
- Wrap about 2.5 or 3 tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture around each stick of cheese trying to ensure it is completely covered.
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with sour cream.